Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Transformed IKEA Tray



I scored three of these little beauties on my last round of IKEA shopping, that's a hint to be prepared for more posts about trays.




These are fantastic and the price can not be beat.


I intended to use one as a workspace while sitting on the couch.  to update my planner, meal plan, joint down ideas in a notebook, etc.  Instead of having all of those things laying on the sofa, which happens for more than I care to admit, they are now contained.  Trays make instantly beautiful clutter.  Truth!

That little baby got a coat of red spray paint.  Yes, again with the spray paint.  I then taped off the edges and used my homemade chalkboard paint, read about that here, to paint the bottom.  The bottom of the tray as is, worked well as a dry erase board, which is another great option.

Turned out perfect, this little beauty gets a lot of use.





The chalkboard paint turned out to be a fun little touch to leave myself notes or happy little drawings.





Again, super simple, huge organizational impact for us,  I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY dislike piles of stuff on the sofa. Even if it is just the facade of organization instead of actual organization.  I'm quite ok with that!




Linked up Work It Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment